1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 pound chorizo, sliced 1/4-inch thick
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
1 cup dry white wine (we recommend a Rioja!)
1 cup fresh corn kernels
3 lbs. small clams
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup coarsely chopped parsley
Loaf of French bread, sliced 1/2-inch thick
1. Grill chorizo about 4 minutes on each side to heat through and leave grill marks. Remove chorizo from heat and slice on a bias.
2. Heat the oil in a medium stockpot over medium high heat on grill. Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the white wine and reduce by half.
4. Add clams* and cover. Cook about 10 minutes, until clams begin to open.
5. Add the corn and chorizo, season with salt and pepper, and continue cooking until the clams are all open.
6. Remove from the heat and add the parsley.
7. Serve in bowls with slices of crusty bread.
*Grill clams on rack about 5 minutes before adding into pot if you prefer.
Recipe and photo: Jax House
Press Inquiries: Cindy Coppola
/ email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org